Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Home improvement...self improvement...Let's see how this goes

So I've been making some changes lately. I have decided (as per my previous post) that I need to do some more stuff to my apartment. The one year mark is approaching and its time for some change. I'm going to be redoing my kitchen, painting to be exact...if anyone has any suggestions on that, they'd be greatly appreciated. I realize its a little hard to paint around the red color scheme of my appliances so I might be getting a new microwave (one that has a timer on it, I might add!!). I also realize being an adult, I might need a place to sit and eat my dinner. That's where the fold up table comes in. Ikea has one pretty cheap and I like the fact that it wouldn't take up extra space. But being ever the princess that I am, I can't be happy with an already existing product. So I want the CEO to build one for me exactly like the Ikea one, except in reverse. I want it to fold up onto the wall instead of down, and I want a picture painted on the back so its like a piece of art on my wall when I'm not using it. Pretty clever, eh? I've also decided to put monorail lighting in my kitchen, preferably with a dimmer switch because I just think it looks cool. I'd like something like this (sorry for the giant picture, but thats just how they posted it...). I'm also going to be putting a ceiling fan in my bedroom. No picture for that...those are pretty standard. I'm also going to put some mirrors on the walls to help reflect the light and make my little spot a little brighter. There, I think thats about it. As for the self improvement front...I've decided to run a marathon!! Okay well not like a real marathon, but when you never exercise, 8K can seem like a marathon. That's right, I will be participating in the Timothy P. Susco Brain Aneurysm Race for Awareness. Its a cause that's pretty close to my heart for several reasons, so I'm doing it. The race is October 4th and I'll be out there running my little heart out. I started "training" this morning which was really just getting my ass up and going running. I did pretty good. LoL I didn't pass out, so thats a start. I did two miles today and I'll continue to do those same two miles until I get my time down. Then I'll start adding a bit more distance. I have about 8 weeks to get there, and I really think I can do it. An 8k in 8 weeks sounds about right. If any of you have any tips for getting in shape, I'd appreciate those! I'm off for now, but until next time...

No comments: