Sunday, June 7, 2009

It's been a long time...

Eek! I haven't blogged since February! Thats terrible. I'm racking my brain to see if I have a good reason...nope. For a while I was too busy. Then I was too lazy. Then I didn't want to post about all the things that are going on in my life. But here I am, back in the blogosphere with a post that you may or may not find interesting, but it's a post nonetheless. Its too tricky to remember everything that's happened since February, so I'll just go with the most recent. I have a new job!! I'm in the process of becoming a server at Jaleo in Crystal City. So far I LOVE it. Its pretty exhausting honestly, very different than the cushy life of a nanny, but I really enjoy having coworkers and being around people that I don't have to talk to in a baby voice for several hours each day. Oh yeah, and my Spanish skills have knocked most of the dust off and are back in full effect! I'm still nannying too, but this job gives me something else to do to occupy my extraordinarily long days. Since school is out for the semester and I'm a newly single lady (more on that later) I have A LOT of free time on my hands. I figure I should be productive during that time. That doesn't mean I don't still have fun though. Whitney and Latrice have been good sports about hanging with me on random nights or hitting the bar with me when I need to get out and have drinks (trying hard not to do that whole drinking alone at home thing this time around...) And even though she doesn't like to party like the rest of us Melissa's always down for going to lunch or something. It's good to have supportive friends around you when you need them, because let me tell you, I NEED them right now. This break up has been tougher than I ever imagined, but it's a learning/growing experience, blah blah blah, all that bullshit you're supposed to say when you find yourself newly alone and searching for ways to make yourself feel better about it. Sadly I don't have the desire to jump back into the dating world to keep myself occupied. Boys are scary! LoL as I wrote that, I just realized maybe that's my problem; boys ARE scary, men are not. Maybe I need to change up my clientele...Hmmm. Anyway, this post is not to rehash my stupid breakup or the downward spiral it temporarily sent me into. I'm feeling better now, slightly more normal, and I'm sure I will be back to my typical hijinks before I know it. Another BIG piece of news! I have decided that I want to join the Air Force! This isn't one of my wild whims either, this one I'm really going to do. Am I super excited about it. Monday starts my "get right so I don't die in bootcamp" plan. I actually started it last week, but 150 days of rain and trying to get my body adjusted to my new work schedule kinda threw things off, so I'll be back on the grind tomorrow. People have been asking, why? Why would you want to do this? We're in a war! You could die! Perhaps I'll dedicate an entire blogpost to my decision in the near future, but for now, just know this: This is something that I'm very passionate about. I understand why people are afraid for me to do it, but I implore you to trust my instincts and know that I will be so much better for this. Okay, end of my public service announcement. :) You know, you'd think after 4 months of not blogging, I'd have a lot to say, but it seems my well is running dry. I have to update my other blogs anyway, so I suppose it's just as well that I end it here. I promise that I will make more of an effort to post more. I should have more to say soon enough anyway; work stories, nights out with the girls, and in 73 years when I'm ready to date again, maybe I'll even have some funny stuff there! Who knows? Anyway, it feels good to be back :)

1 comment:

whitney said...

Come back! Blog again, blog again! P.S., can you believe June was, like, almost four months ago?!